CPP installs tallest FRP stack liner for thermal power plant

  • Industry News
  • Jul 30,22
Tackling emissions from the thermal power sector in India is an important priority for achieving India’s energy transition goals
CPP installs tallest FRP stack liner for thermal power plant

Tackling emissions from the thermal power sector in India is an important priority for achieving India’s energy transition goals. Towards this, flue gas desulphurization (FGD) technology is expected to play a significant role. In a move towards creating a sustainable impact, Chemical Process Piping (CPP), a sixty year old and India’s premiere industrial piping solutions company that pioneers in manufacturing GRP and FRP-based pipes, has announced the implementation of FRP stack in FGD plant set up by BIFPCL - Bangladesh India Friendship Power Company Ltd., which is a joint venture of 50:50 sharing by India state-owned National Thermal Power Corp (NTPC) and Bangladesh Power Development Board. With the ongoing domestic and international projects, CPP is eyeing to reach Rs 300 crore annual turnover by 2024 which is first in the FRP sector for a pureplay FRP piping company.

CPP has successfully completed phase I of this Maitree Super Thermal Power Plant project with BHEL and Simplex in Bangladesh. CPP becomes the first mover in the segment to achieve this feat of building 800 ft FRP stack for 1,320 MW coal-fired power station in Rampal, Bangladesh. CPP is the first FRP manufacturer in this part of the world to utilize Vertical Winding technology to filament wind the FRP stack for their project in Bangladesh. The project is an environmentally friendly supercritical technology based thermal power plant.

Vijay Rajpurohit, Managing Director, Chemical Process Piping (CPP), said, “Stack Liner manufacture using FRP for FGD Coal-fired power plants (Super: FGD - Flue Gas DeSulphurisation) is the preferred solution world over. The reason being that it is manufactured from a single material; thus, making it an extremely low maintenance proposition. Add to that, the time-tested qualities of FRP which gives it the perfect construction characteristics for a highly corrosive industrial chimney. With the Make in India initiative, Indian FRP manufacturers are in a position to bring in foreign exchange and boost the economy.” 

The chemical industry contributes 40% of CPP’s revenues while the rest of the markets bring in remaining 60% in aggregate. Chemical Process Piping is today one of the global leaders in the field of design, manufacture and installation of FRP, GRE and thermoplastic lined FRP pipes and fittings.

The Bangladesh project demanded a make-shift manufacturing facility which was another feat the company achieved. While speaking about how FRP can help reduce the construction cost while enabling safety and durability, Vijay Rajpurohit said, “CPP is equipped to manufacture large FRP Stack liners at site thus eliminating local transportation issues. Also, size is no more a limitation now. Production cycle times are very short thereby CPP can take up multiple projects at the same time. Installation of FRP Stack liners takes a fraction of the time. There is also no need for heavy lifting and shifting due its lightweight compared to steel.”

Related Stories

Electrical & Electronics
CPP installs tallest FRP stack liner for thermal power plant

CPP installs tallest FRP stack liner for thermal power plant

Tackling emissions from the thermal power sector in India is an important priority for achieving India’s energy transition goals

Read more
Process Equipment
FRP piping exporter Chemical Process Piping to reach Rs 200 crore mark

FRP piping exporter Chemical Process Piping to reach Rs 200 crore mark

In order to reach its target the company has recently bagged a piping project for GNAL (JV between GACL & NALCO) and is also working with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.

Read more

Related Products

iTAG

POWER GENERATION & ENERGY CONSERVATION PRODUCTS

Unipar Online UPS systems are used in mission critical applications such as for medical equipments – MRI / CT Scan etc, for large networks and for industrial applications such as CNC machines. Read more

Request a Quote

Hi There!

Now get regular updates from IPF Magazine on WhatsApp!

Click on link below, message us with a simple hi, and SAVE our number

You will have subscribed to our Industrial News on Whatsapp! Enjoy

+91 84228 74016

Reach out to us

Call us at +91 8108603000 or

Schedule a Call Back